There are different kinds of editing depending on where you are in the writing process and it’s important to receive the right kind of feedback. I offer a single hybrid style of editing that is focused on copyediting (or line editing) with some developmental feedback. This is the last stage of editing before having a proofreader ensure your manuscript is error-free.
What to expect
I will review your manuscript in Microsoft Word (.docx format), using the Track Changes feature to make edits within the text as well as providing suggestions and observations via the Comments feature.
What I work on
I work with many genres and topics, though I specialize in working with fiction infused with realistic themes, such as autobiographical fiction.
I do not accept any of the following:
- Short stories
- Non-fiction other than memoir
- Horror, Thriller, or Suspense, whether psychological or otherwise
- Children’s or Middle Grade fiction
- Science Fiction
- Anything with unnecessarily graphic or frequent descriptions of violence (i.e., isn’t necessary for the story), particularly in the realm of fiction
- Anything that glorifies or romanticizes violence or abuse
|Blog Posts||Up to 1500 words||$25|
|Manuscripts||Up to 30,000 words||$250|
Contact me today to discuss your editing needs and timing or to request a free sample edit.